NVIDIA and AMD’s GPU Market Share Grows as Discrete Graphics Cards Become More Popular


This 12 months was a really profitable one for many chipmakers regardless of the semiconductor shortages. AMD and NVIDIA had been two of the fastest-growing firms in Silicon Valley during the last a number of quarters. A lot of this may be attributed to the rising demand for graphics processors, most notably discrete graphics playing cards over the previous few months. Based on a report from JPR, the discrete GPU market develop by 11% in comparison with the earlier quarter.

Total, the GPU connect price (together with built-in and discrete GPUs, desktop, pocket book, and workstations) grew to 125% in Q3 2021, from 117.5% in Q2 2021, recording a progress of seven.6% QoQ. On the draw back, the PC CPU market decreased by 23% QoQ in anticipation of the vacation season whereas seeing a progress of 9.2% 12 months YoY.

Q2’20 Q2’21 Q3’21
AMD 20% 17% 17%
Nvidia 80% 83% 83%

Within the discrete GPU market, the market remained kind of the identical, with NVIDIA dominating with the overwhelming majority of the market at 83%, and AMD clinging onto the remaining 17%. Issues ought to change drastically over the following 12-16 months as each firms launched their next-generation merchandise, marking a big enhance in efficiency for each shoppers and knowledge facilities.

Through: JPR

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*